Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Random Thoughts

-The backlash to the backlash to the Serena Williams/American Pharoah Sportsman of the Year was incredible today.  Hot-ish take alert--I would have voted for Pharoah.  I don't care that he is not a "person" per se.  I don't care that he doesn't have the awareness to know he would have won this award.  I love how absurd it would be to have a horse win Sportsman of the Year.  Straight out of Bojack Horseman.  Here's fact: every time Pharoah ran, it was must-see TV.  Truly a generational athlete.  Horses get no fucking respect around here.

(It must be noted that Pharoah won the Triple Crown and the Breeders Cup Classic and I won exactly $0 on him.  Great job by me being a gambling hipster and refusing to take chalk.  Hope my bookie's kids enjoy their Christmas presents that I bought them.)

-Also, I don't think that you are automatically a sexist pig if you picked someone other than Serena Williams.  That was the main backlash on twitter and to me it just seemed like people were getting worked up to get worked up, to show others how progressive they are.  Serena Williams is awesome.  She's probably the best female tennis player of all time (probably, I don't know anything about tennis) and she's one of the most dominant athletes in his/her respective sport in the world.  But if you thought Steph Curry or Jordan Spieth or Pharoah had a better year, it's not that big a deal.  It's a made up award anyway.  In the words of PFT Commenter (probably) "typical PC culture smh."  I'm surprised Donald Trump didn't take a stand on this today and back Pharoah, just to rile people up.

-Speaking of which, the Donald was named the healthiest man in the world today by his dead doctor's son.  He's never had a sip of alcohol and would be the healthiest president of all time.  I like the think that he has unwittingly named the Onion to be his PR team.  Say what you will about his candidacy (he would be a disaster and if you are considering voting for him you are not a smart person.  He's a living conservative facebook meme.), but he's been nothing short of entertaining.  He's the king troll.  If this is the healthiest man in the world, then I'm not doing so bad myself.



(This should go without saying, but please don't vote for Donald Trump.  Thanks for your time.)

-I love how Donald only retweets people saying nice things about him.  PR 101.

-If a tree falls in the woods, but no one gives two shits that the Gopher hockey team stinks now, does it make any noise?  Thanks Barry Alvarez.

-I will continue throwing the Sixers' opponents into teasers.

-The Packers (who I hate) helped me win enough money last night that I didn't have to pay my bookie today.  Jokes on you Packer fans, I'm using your team.

-I watched 10 Things I Hate About You last night for roughly the 1000th time.  It remains a true classic and one the greatest Sunday Scaries movies of all time.  I really watch it because it's a great classic 90s rom-com, but I also love telling people that it's a modern interpretation of The Taming of the Shrew.  I throw that out there when I'm talking to girls sometimes so they think I'm smart.  It's a miracle I'm still single.

-Has anyone else ever read the comments on instagram models' photos?  Chivalry is alive and well.Displaying Screenshot_2015-12-14-18-52-54.png  I see you, crand5.




Displaying Screenshot_2015-12-14-18-52-54.png

No comments:

Post a Comment